Healthy Gums and Teeth
Healthy Gums and Teeth
In 2008, at the Raw Spirit Festival, I watched Victoria Boutenko give a presentation on the importance of regular chewing for dental health. Impressed by her speech, and having conducted some of my own research, I was convinced. Since that event, I have waited impatiently for Victoria to come out with some kind of chewing device. In the meantime, I was looking for something to put in my mouth to chew. I tried everything that might prove suitable, from babies' rubber toys to dog chewing aids to tree branches. Even these unusual methods still benefited me but were certainly not user friendly. I am glad that Victoria has now released her Jawcerciser which is much more convenient to use.
You may purchase the Jawcerciser from Victoria's site: http://www.rawfamily.com/products2#rawfamilyjaw
How the Jawcerciser ™ works
In keeping ourselves physically fit, we seldom think of exercising our cranio-facial musculature. In the gym, people exercise all their muscles except the cranio-facial complex. Modern food is often heavily processed and, as a result, too soft. Mashed potatoes, pancakes, pasta, bread, or grated vegetables, don't pressure on our teeth, resulting in the development of low bone density in our jaw bones and teeth.
In addition to the weakening of our teeth and jawbone, the on-going lack of chewing leads to the shrinking of our salivary glands. According to scientific research, saliva possesses enzymes that attack the cell walls of many bacteria, thereby rupturing and killing bacteria. Lack of normal saliva flow may contribute to caries, periodontists, and yellowing of the teeth.
The Jawcerciser enables anyone to compensate for missing adequate chewing. This simple device is a resistance exerciser for your jaw. Regular use of the Jawcerciser naturally increases the saliva flow and provides proper resistance for your teeth. Use of Jawcerciser for 1–3 minutes (or more) once or twice a day can greatly improve your oral and overall health.
All natural rubber and silicone jaw exercisers can weaken after 30-40 days of regular use and should be replaced.
How to Use the Jawcerciser
- Try both ends of exerciser in turn - the ends are shaped and sized differently to better accommodate individual needs.
- You may use Jawcerciser after a meal, in the shower, while reading a book, in front of your computer or TV, etc.
- Try using two exercisers simultaneously to work both sides of the jaw.
- Children can greatly benefit from using the Jawcerciser. Studies show that use of Jawcerciser by children can eliminate the need for braces and the removal of wisdom teeth later in life by helping them form a healthy jawbone structure.
• Jawcerciser is not intended to replace professional dental care.
• Keep out of reach of children unless under adult supervision.
• All natural rubber and silicone jaw exercisers can weaken after 30-40 days of regular use and should be replaced.
• Do not expose Jawcerciser to excessive heat or direct sunlight for an extended period of time. Keep your Jawcerciser in dry place.
1. Place either end of the Jawcerciser between your upper and lower teeth. Hold the opposite end of the Jawcerciser in your hand. Chew Jawcerciser on one side of your mouth for about one minute, and then alternate to the other side.
2. Chew on Jawcerciser for 1-3 minutes (or longer) daily for a healthy mouth.
3. Rinse Jawcerciser with clean water after each use and dry with a towel. Do not place Jawcerciser in stem sterilizers, dishwashers, or boiling water.