More recipes in category Main Course
* Hover the stars to rate this recipe
Gone are the days when the only place you would find the stuffing was inside a roasted bird. Now it gets a bowl of its own on the holiday table and we avoid the bird entirely. Here’s one way to prepare your stuffing to fit your raw lifestyle.DIRECTIONS
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1/8 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash or zucchini, cubed
- ½ cup broccoli florets, divided into tiniest florets possible
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, pre-soaked
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, pre-soaked
- 1 Tbs. olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1-2 Tbs. minced fresh herbs, such as thyme, sage, oregano, rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl very thoroughly to make sure they are covered with oil, juice and herbs. Spread the mixture onto a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for 1-2 hours at 115 F, stirring occasionally: this will allow the stuffing to achieve the “cooked” look. Double or triple the recipe if you expect company. Serve with the raw mashed “potatoes” and cranberry sauce.
Note: Preparation time is 25 minutes plus soaking and dehydrating time.