Sweet Nut Roll
Courtesy of Beautiful on Raw
Yield: 4 portions
More recipes in category Dessert
* Hover the stars to rate this recipe
Try this delicious autumn dessert. Pumpkin and persimmons combine for a delightful sweet flavor.DIRECTIONS
- 2 cups walnuts, soaked and then dried in a dehydrator
- 1 cup pecans, soaked and then dried in a dehydrator
- 2-3 tsp. raw honey, or to taste, divided
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 1 cup persimmons, peeled and cut into pieces
Blend pumpkin, persimmons and 1-2 tsp. honey together in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Next, blend walnuts and pecans in a food processor until they turn into crumbs and start slightly sticking to each other. Add 1 tsp. of honey, and blend some more. Divide the “dough” into 2 parts. Spread each part in a rectangular shape about 3/8” thick on plastic wrap, and then spread a slightly-thinner layer of the pumpkin-persimmon mix on top of the dough. Using the plastic wrap, roll the dough like you would for making a sushi roll, and provide light pressure with your hands. Place the two rolls in the refrigerator for 2 hours before unwrapping, cutting, and serving.
Note: Preparation time is 15 minutes plus time for soaking, dehydrating and refrigerating.