Veggie Wraps with Plum Ginger Sauce
Courtesy of Beautiful on Raw
Yield: 5 portions
* Hover the stars to rate this recipe
Fresh plums make a great base for sauce or salad dressing. Their sweet and lightly sour taste complements any neutral-flavor fruits and veggies.DIRECTIONS
- lettuce, collard, or savoy cabbage leaves for wrapping
- 2 cups plums, pits removed
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- vegetables and herbs to fill the leaves, such as bell peppers and cucumbers cut into strips, avocado, tomato, asparagus, watercress, parsley, etc.
Prepare sauce by blending together plums, ginger, lemon juice and salt. Set aside. Fill each leaf with vegetables and non-sweet fruits of your choice, pour the sauce on top, and serve.