Keep your energy up and forget about hunger with these simple burritos. This eggplant appetizer packs a load of micro-nutrients thanks to watercress, basil and cilantro to help nourish your every cell.
- 1 eggplant, peeled
- Juice of ½ lime or lemon for soaking
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt for soaking
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup walnuts, pre-soaked for a few hours
- 1 tsp. Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ½ - 3/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into slices
- green onions and cilantro to garnish
Cut eggplant into thin slices longwise. Soak them for a few hours immersed in a bowl of water with the juice of ½ lemon and ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt. Then place the slices in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 105 F for a few hours or overnight until they soften enough for rolling.
Prepare the filling: combine watercress, basil, walnuts, Jalapeno pepper, ½ tsp. salt, garlic and 1 Tbs. lime juice in a food processor, and blend to achieve a pate-like consistency. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling onto the eggplant slice, add a slice of bell pepper, a sprig of cilantro and roll. Tie with green onions to help hold the shape, sprinkle with lime juice and serve.