Spicy and Sweet Cabbage Salad
Spicy citrus dressing combined with summer vegetables makes it more than just a salad: it makes it an experience. Light and refreshing, it’s also quick to make, especially if you can delegate the chore of chopping to your food processor.
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, soaked and dried
- ¼ cup (tightly packed) cilantro, leaves only
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ½ Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp. Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- small pinch cayenne pepper
Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and gently toss until mixed. Place the remaining five ingredients in a small bottle and shake well. Pour over the vegetables and serve.