Stuffed Mini Peppers
Colorful mini bell peppers take the central stage in this dish. This versatile dish is a complete meal in itself, and takes little time to put together. Soak, blend, stuff – and you have lunch to take to work with you.
- 5-6 red, yellow and orange baby bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, soaked, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, soaked, rinsed, and drained
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh herbs for garnish
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove stems and seeds. Blend remaining ingredients in a food processor to a pâté consistency, scoop out and stuff the peppers. Garnish with herbs before serving.
Note: Preparation time is 25 minutes plus time for soaking