Tomato and Watermelon Thyme Salad
Tomatoes and watermelon – the flavorful gifts of the end of summer – find union in this surprisingly satisfying and refreshing salad.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 3 cups watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups yellow grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup arugula or any baby greens
- ½ cup pine nuts, unsoaked
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
Ingredients for the salad dressing:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- dash black pepper
Prepare salad dressing by blending all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Gently toss together all salad ingredients in a bowl, and add the dressing just before serving.