Asian Soup with Goji and Mint
Refreshing soup based on electrolyte-rich coconut water. Lemongrass, goji, and coconut flesh “noodles” are added for texture and flavor.
- water of 1 Thai coconut (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for a few hours
- 2 tsp. lemongrass, chopped, outer fibrous layer removed
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Chinese Five Spice (or a combination of anise, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and ginger)
- “meat” of 1 Thai coconut, cut into thin long strings
- 1/8 cup dried goji berries, soaked for 30 min. and drained
- a few mint leaves
To make a soup base, combine coconut water, cashews, lemongrass, lemon juice and Chinese Five Spice in a blender, and process on high. Pour the mixture into a bowl, add goji berries and coconut meat. Garnish with mint leaves when serving.
Preparation time: 20 min. plus soaking time