Quinoa is a seed of the Chenopodium Quinoa plant, grown widely in South America. It’s a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, iron and calcium for vegans and vegetarians, and boasts a wide array of essential amino acids.
Recipe Servings: 4
Recipe Total Time: 20
- 1 ½ cup quinoa, soaked overnight and sprouted for 2 days until little “tails” appear
- 1 big bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped, and bigger stems removed
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon (1/8 – 1/4 cup to taste)
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic powder (optional)
Rinse and drain sprouted quinoa well, and combine in a bowl with all the other salad ingredients. Mix well with a spoon, and let the dish sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Stir once again just before serving.
Note: Preparation time is 20 minutes plus time for soaking and sprouting.