Sprouted Chickpea Spread
Courtesy of Beautiful on Raw
Yield: 4 portions
More recipes in category Snack
* Hover the stars to rate this recipe
The ultimate party dish, our raw hummus is made of garbanzo beans, just like the traditional hummus, except the beans are sprouted, and uncooked. Perfect with raw crackers and vegetables crudités.DIRECTIONS
- 1 ½ cup garbanzo beans, soaked overnight and sprouted for 2 days
- 2-3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 Tbs. raw Tahini (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until homogenous in texture. Add more water as needed if you are looking for a more creamy texture. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
Note: Preparation time is 10 minutes plus soaking and sprouting time.