My husband, Nick, has been making this salad for us on a daily basis for many years, and I still love it! I came up with the dressing just last month, and I think it really makes a great combination. The trick to this salad is to mince all the ingredients as finely as possible. This mixes the flavors in the best way.
- 1 1/2 cup green cabbage, finely minced
- 1 cup spring greens and/or baby spinach, finely minced
- 1 cup leek, finely minced
- 1-2 large cucumbers, finely minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 large bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 cup cauliflower, finely minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely minced
- Sunflower seed oil and cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 young Thai coconut–water and the “meat”
- 1 cup macadamia or pine nuts, soaked a few hours
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Celtic sea salt to taste
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over individual servings of the salad when ready to eat.