Raw Carob Cashew Cappuccino
Courtesy of Beautiful on Raw
Yield: 2 portions
More recipes in category Shake
* Hover the stars to rate this recipe
And you were wondering how you were going to live without hot chocolate when you go raw! With this special treat, hot chocolate will soon become a distant memory. You won’t even miss it. Guaranteed.DIRECTIONS
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 4 Medjool dates, pre-soaked, pit removed and cut into pieces
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean, or ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. raw carob
- Pinch ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Blend all the ingredients together in a powerful blender on high speed until smooth, frothy and slightly warm, pour into a glass and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. You can always reheat it in a dehydrator, if the weather gets cold and you want a warmer treat.
Note: Preparation time is 10 minutes plus soaking time.