Tomato Basil Borsch
Courtesy of Beautiful on Raw
Yield: 2 portions
More recipes in category Soup
* Hover the stars to rate this recipe
This tomato borsch, full of raw goodness, has no rivals among cooked soups. If you’re tired of raw salads, this soup offers a creative way to enjoy your health promoting vegetable juices, your greens and your veggies as never before.DIRECTIONS
- 2 cups fresh tomato juice
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup cucumber juice
- 1/2 cup celery juice
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
Collect all the juices in a bowl. This will make four and a half cups of freshly prepared vegetable juice.
- 2-3 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 very ripe avocado and 1 regular ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup of carrots, minced very finely
- 1 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, freshly finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- Pinch of Celtic salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
Dissolve honey in the vegetable juice from Step 1. Then in a bowl, combine this mixture with all other ingredients and the remaining vegetable juice.
Optional: add a tablespoon of quinoa seeds, soaked overnight before serving.