Sunchoke Pea Soup
Blend Jerusalem artichokes and sugar snap peas into this refreshing savory soup, and it will put you in the mood for spring right away. And if you have a garden, don’t forget to leave a bit of both vegetables for planting this spring as well!
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, in pods or shelled
- 2 cups sunchokes, with the skin on
- 2 cups water
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 2 ½ Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- Ground flax seed for garnishing
- Carrots, sunchokes , pea pods, or fresh herbs for garnishing
Combine all the ingredients (minus the garnishes) in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth, adjusting the seasonings to taste. Serve garnished with ground flax seeds and vegetables or herbs.