Savory Okra Tomato Soup
Don’t pass fresh okra at the farmer’s market thinking that it belongs only in your past: why not enjoy it raw? Here’s one way to do it: blend it to make soup. This light soup with okra and tomatoes is quick to prepare and makes a perfect meal on a hot summer day.
- 2 cups fresh okra, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tomato, cut into chunks pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano leaves, minced
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- pinch of ground white pepper (or you can use black pepper)
- 3 tsp. lime juice
- red bell pepper, okra and tomato pieces to add to the blended soup and for decoration (optional)
Place okra, tomatoes, water, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and lime juice into a high-speed blender, and process until well mixed. If you prefer a chunky soup, chop bell pepper, okra, and tomato and place in the soup bowl, pour the mixture over it, and decorate with some veggie pieces.