Apple Cream Pie
America’s favorite pie is climbing up a few notches on the health scale. Sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, casein-free, and cooking-free! What better way to introduce your family and friends to raw foods?
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 30
- 1 cup filberts, soaked for 4-5 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 4-5 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Medjool dates, presoaked and chopped, water reserved
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 Tbs. raw honey
- 2 ½ Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup water from soaked dates
- 2-3 sweet apples
- lemon juice to keep the apple pieces from oxidizing
- cinnamon to sprinkle
Crust: Place filberts and walnuts in a food processor, and grind into crumbs. Add the dates, and grind some more until the mix feel sticky. Spread it evenly with the help of a spoon and fingers over the pie plate and put aside. Cream: Blend all cream ingredients in a powerful blender until the texture resembles cream. Add more water if needed. Fill the pie crust with the cream and spread evenly. Filling: Cut apples into thin pieces, dip them in lemon or lime juice, and arrange on top of the cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Note: Preparation time is 30 minutes plus soaking time.
Recipe Type: Dessert