Creamy Leek Soup
In many parts of the country this soup, served slightly warm, will be very appropriate at this time of the year. Leftover soup can also double as a dip or salad dressing.
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 20
- ¾ cup pine nuts or macadamia nuts (soaked a couple of hours)
- 1 ½ cup fresh coconut water (from 1 young Thai coconut)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ of an avocado, peeled
- ¼ cup chopped leeks plus a little more for garnishing
- 1 tsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. or more ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground fenugreek seeds, ground in a coffee grinder
- ¾ tsp. Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- pinch of Cayenne pepper for garnishing
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Run the blender a little longer if you’d like your soup warm. Garnish with chopped leeks and a pinch of Cayenne pepper.
Recipe Type: Soup