Cream of Carrot Soup with Asparagus
Asparagus season is here! Asparagus is rich in glutathione, an antioxidant found within our cells, which helps us to detoxify and fight cell-damaging free radicals. The avocado, also present in this recipe, helps the body boost glutathione production as well.
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 25
- juice from 4 big carrots (around 1 cup of juice)
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt, divided
- 4 asparagus spears, peeled and cut
- 1 Tbs. fresh sweet peas
- ½ red bell pepper, seeds removed and pepper chopped
- pinch of Cayenne pepper or a small amount of fresh hot pepper to taste (optional)
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
Marinate asparagus, peas and bell pepper in lemon juice mixed with ½ tsp. sea salt for 15-20 min. Meanwhile, combine carrot juice, avocado, thyme, oregano, and ½ tsp. salt in a high speed blender and blend until creamy. Pour into a bowl, add marinated vegetables, and serve.
Recipe Type: Soup