Cauliflower Mushroom Pate
Use the pate as a meal, or as a spread for crackers and zucchini/cucumber/tomato circles.
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 20 min.
- ½ head of a big cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 big avocado, peeled, and pit removed
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- 2 ½ plus 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 16 oz container of white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Mix chopped mushrooms with red onions, 2 Tbs. of lemon juice, salt and pepper, and let them marinate while you are preparing the rest of the pate. Process cauliflower in a food processor until it is broken down into smallest pieces possible. Add avocado, salt, lemon juice and coriander, and blend them together with cauliflower until smooth. Transfer the pate into a separate bowl, and mix in the mushrooms and onions mix with the spoon. Adjust seasoning, and serve as is or with your favorite cut vegetables.
Recipe Type: Appetizer