Spaghetti and meatballs go together. But when you're eating raw, and want something that give you a more "traditional" feel to go with your healthy, raw, zucchini noodles, what can you do? My "meatless meatballs" are your new go-to recipe!
Recipe Total Time:
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 2 strips of kelp, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for an hour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp whole psyllium husk
- 1 cup ground pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, minced
- Sea salt to taste
Grind the flaxseed in a coffee grinder or dry Vita-Mix. Add kelp and sun-dried tomatoes to ground flax and blend well. Pour the mixture into a food processor, and add the walnuts, bell pepper, and celery. Puree ingredients. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in the whole psyllium husk, ground pumpkin seeds, parsley, and onion. Mix well by hand. Form into balls using a small cookie-dough scoop. Place the “meatballs” on mesh dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for six to eight hours. Serve each “meatball” on a nest made from zucchini noodles.