Banana Currents Mini-Tarts
The red currents in this recipe can be replaced with any sour-tasting berries you have on hand. If using sweeter berries, skip the honey.
Recipe Author: Beautiful On Raw
Preparation Time: 30 min. plus soaking, dehydrating and refrigerating.
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked overnight and dehydrated
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup red currents, green stems removed
- Handful of currents for garnish
- 1-2 tsp. raw honey (you can use a couple of dates instead)
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 -2 tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
Prepare the crust by grinding the walnuts, dates and salt in a food processor until the ingredients are well ground and sticking to each other. Line the tartlet tins with plastic for easier removal later. Place some of the crust mix in each tartlet and press it with your fingers to shape and form a crust. Cool the tartlets in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more. Meanwhile, blend currents and honey in a food processor. Mash the banana and ground chia seeds in a small bowl with a fork. When you are ready to assemble the dessert, take the crusts out of the tins. Place some of the currents jam on top of the crust first, and top it with mashed banana. Sprinkle the banana layer with shredded coconut and top with fresh berries. Keep mini-tarts in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe Type: Dessert