Edible Christmas Tree
Use any nuts, seeds and dry fruits you have on hand to make this holiday dish to share with friends and family. Your kids might give you a hand with decorating the edible Christmas tree.
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 30 min. plus time for soaking and dehydrating
- 1 ½ cups hazelnuts, soaked overnight and dehydrated
- 1 ½ cups sunflower seeds, soaked for a few hours and dehydrated
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup dried apricots, soaked for 30 min., drained and chopped
- 2 Tbs. raw honey
- 3-4 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- pinch sea salt
- a few tablespoons of spinach juice (optional)
- blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, tangerines, etc.
Grind the hazelnuts and sunflower seeds in a food processor first, then add raisins, apricots, honey, orange juice, zest, salt and spinach juice for darker color (optional), and blend again until the mixture starts to clump together. Choose a big tray, and using your hands, mold a free-style Christmas tree. Decorate it with the fruits/berries you have on hand, and store in a cool place, covered, until ready to serve.
Ingredients: hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, apricot, raw honey, orange juice, orange zest, sea salt, spinach juice, berries