Good Old Pumpkin Pie
Enjoy a Thanksgiving gathering without guilt with this superb pumpkin pie. An added bonus: It won’t put you to sleep after a meal, but only if you share it with those you love!
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 25 min. plus time for soaking and dehydrating.
Serves: 6-10 servings
- 1 cup almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 8 Majool dates, soaked for a couple of hours, drained and chopped
- pinch sea salt (optional).
- 1 cup pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 ripe persimmon, chopped (about 1 ½ cup)
- 1 big pear, peeled and chopped (about 1 ½ to 2 cups)
- ½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbs. psyllium husk
- ground cinnamon for garnish (optional).
To make crust, blend nuts, dates and salt in a food processor, using a pulse mode, until the nuts and dates are ground fine. Press the dough into a pie dish with your hands.
To make filling, blend all filling ingredients, except cinnamon, in a high-powered blender until all are broken down and a smooth texture is achieved. Scoop filling into pie crust and level it out with a spatula. Place in the fridge for 15-20 min. To give your pie a different twist, use a stencil you have to make a subtle image with cinnamon on top of the pie, or even a contrasting image, using fine coconut shreds.
Recipe Type: Dessert