Vegan Okra Salad
Okra, often called "lady's finger," is a green superfood that's easy on your skin and stomach. It keeps your skin hydrated, fights wrinkles with vitamins A and C, and supports digestion with its high fiber and natural lubrication. Plus, okra helps soothe stomach issues like acid reflux and gastritis. Adding this versatile veggie to your diet can be a simple way to nurture both your skin's radiance and your digestive comfort.
Consider incorporating okra into your salads whenever you can. For instance, you can try this delicious okra salad. For more raw food recipes with okra, visit my website.
Recipe Author: Beautiful on Raw
Preparation Time: 10 min
• 1 cup sliced okra
• ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
• 2 cups mixed greens
• ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
• 1 sliced tomato
• 1 cup diced mango
For the vinaigrette:
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the okra, bell pepper, greens, cabbage, tomato, and mango. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
• For a more intense flavor, add ¼ cup chopped red onion to the salad.
• You can also add ¼ cup chopped nuts or seeds to the salad for added texture and nutrients.
Recipe Type: Salad